Friday, May 6, 2011

Great historical Berlin, Germany. Europe tour Part 1.

I went to Berlin 3 days 2 nights on 2010 summer by Air Berlin Airway. The city is the capital of Germany and where is the main city during cold war since the city was separated into west and east Berlin. I like history of world war 2 so much, therefore the city did not make me boring, but the city gave me a very good history lesson. Although the city was destroyed during world war 2 , but many historical buildings and monuments are remained in the city. Within this 3 days, the city made me more understood the world war 2 and cold war. Curry sausage or currywurst was the most delicious foods that I ate in Berlin. After travel in Germany, I fall in love toward German foods. If you go Berlin, please do not miss curry sausage..

Day 1

I arrived to Berlin 7.00 am. I took city bus to Berlin central station from airport for settled down my InterRail Global Pass, train ticket. After checked in and shower that was around 12 pm, I went to Berlin Gate and joined Berlin free tour.


The new Hauptbahnhof, Central station.





Stalls on the way to Brandenburg Gate or Berlin Gate.


Brandenburg Gate, here is the meet point of Berlin free tour.

Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe



 June memorial.

 Berlin wall.

The line which separated Berlin into west and east.

currywurst selling truck.




Checkpoint Charlie.

 The Brandenburg Gate Chocolate.


Gendarmenmarkt

Bebelplatz

The Book Burning Memorial

Neue Wache.

The TV Tower


Berliner Dom on Museum Island

 Beer Garden in Berlin.


currywurst

 In metro

After took my currywurst dinner, I went back to hostel and have a shower. I went out to The Brandenburg Gate again to enjoyed night Berlin at 8 pm.

The Brandenburg Gate


Bundestag


 Berliner Dom

 TV Tower .

After a romantic walked around Berlin, I went to supper in a stall nearby my Hostel. Then I returned back to my hostel and have my good slept. I was so tired, but I felt very happy.


Kebap.

Day 2

On the day, I woke up not very early at 9 am. Had my breakfast in hostel and went out around 10am. Firstly, I went to a old church is known as Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche, a hexagonal bell tower and an octagonal worship hall, aside the ruins from World War II. There had many shops around the church area. Then I went to Alexanderplatz for shopping again. After shopping, I went to colorful Berlin wall. Many beautiful pictures on the wall, some of the pictures shown the condition during cold war. On that day, I almost spent my time for shopping, I was so hungry. I returned to hostel area and tried to find a nice restaurant. Wow... There had so many restaurants in the street, that was made me felt very hard to make a choice. Finally, I went to Turkey restaurant.

Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtniskirche


 Outside of Alexanderplatz. The man was selling sausages.



 Colorful Berlin wall.


Turkey foods. Sultan and Kamlan.

My next trip was to cologne, my train was on the next day morning, so I did not go for night life. Good bye, Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment