Friday, April 29, 2011

Old Golden Dubai, United Arabic Emirates, Part 2

In fact, Dubai is not only has all modern buildings, a full with ancient city are situated east of Dubai. Even though old city does not have high enough buildings, but the old city is more beautiful than the new one. The old architecture and traditional shops are the main spot of Arabic culture. You will more understand the city, their culture and people. You can find some cheaper traditional products like spice, gold, textiles and souvenir.


Day 2

That day, I woke up very early. Because I knew that morning was the golden hour of old city, so that was the most busy time. I went to old city by bus since now have no any metro to reach market. At the beginning, I went to Gold souk where I could see different gold products and those were cheap due to tax free. Of course I would not buy them, I just had a look of them outside gold shops. I could not believe that the gold products were so luxury and I never see in Malaysia. Those really made me shocked.

 Waiting in a bus stop.

 Gold souk


These gold products made me shock.

After a few minutes walk, I reached to Spice Souk. There I could buy some cheaper spices, most of them were imported from India. At the same time, I also could see carpet shop just next of the street.



Different spices were sold in the market.


Carpet shop.

Then I walked 5 minutes to a jetty. I took abra (boat) from Deira to Bur Dubai, that is cheap only AED1. By the way, I could see a amazing view of the old city. Wow... I cannot imagine that. After I crossed the river, there have so many textiles and souvenirs were sold in Bur Dubai. Remember to ask discount from the shop.
I bought a lot of souvenirs to my parents, because the prices was really cheap.





Abra (boat) taking



 Textile shops
 Souvenir shops
Cute Arabian shoe.

After visited every souk and shopping, I went to visit museum. I felt really hungry since I did not take my breakfast. Because I knew that I would eat camel meat on the day. The restaurant was very near to jetty where was just next to the mosques in front the jetty. I ordered one camel meat rice and a cup of camel milk, the bill was AED 60 plus. Even though that was expensive, but that was a very good chance to try the foods. I strongly believe that was very hard to find in Malaysia. The portion was big enough for 2 people and the restaurant's environment was nice. Must Try!!!



 Dubai museum


 Camel milk
Camel meat rice.

After lunch, I went back to hotel to have a rest and shower, because I had already reserved desert safari on 3pm. If you are student , show your student card and get a 14% discount of  desert safari package in www.yahootourism.com. Free hotel pick up, camel riding, BBQ buffet dinner, Henna Designing, Desert Dune Bashing / Adventurous dune driving, Arabic Dress photograph opportunity, shisha and so on are included in the package.Any information, please visit the website above.

Desert Dune Bashing / Adventurous dune driving


 This is the camp of desert safari

 Camel riding

Arabic Dress photograph opportunity


Henna Designing


 BBQ buffet dinner

 Shisha
 Dinner tables in the camp

Arabic traditional dance

The safari was finished on 10pm. Driver took me returned to hotel and arrived on 11.30pm. I was so tired. After shower and hurry ran to bed to have a sweet sweet dream. My next trip was to Abu Dhabi, the capital of UAE. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I love first one ,you have done great and great work on Mosque by marble and gold.It is so beautiful place .Thanks for it.

    Oernight desert safari Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete