Friday, April 29, 2011

Modern Dubai, United Arabic Emirates, Part 1

3 days 2 night in Dubai. I think that is enough for traveling the whole Dubai city. This is my second time to Dubai. Wow... I can't imagine that Dubai grow very fast. Now, Dubai has world class metro station and highest building in the world. But the living cost there is double higher than 4 years ago.Even though this is my second time, but I would not feel boring with the trip. Maybe I like Arabic culture, foods and desert so much. The best season to go Dubai is winter, cool weather with max. 26 degrees and min, 16 degrees at night. Book your hotel online (www.booking.com) but not in airport, because very expensive.

Day 1

I used Etihad Airway from Moscow to Abu Dhabi. After check out, I went to Dubai by Etihad bus. Show your Etihad air-ticket and get your free bus ticket to Dubai, if you are Etihad Airways passenger. I reached Dubai at 9am after 2 hours bus. The bus dropped me on Etihad Airway branch in Dubai. Metro station is just next to the building but I went to hotel by taxi because I had heavy luggage.

Custom in Abu Dhabi International Airport  
                                



    These photos are taken in the bus. Many high building with different design.

After checked in and shower in hotel, I went to Emirates Mall by metro. The metro station in Dubai is world class 5 star station, so the metro tickets are very expensive. I bought my daily card without any credit, 4 AED and 3 AED per trip to 3rd zone.( ticket prices are depended to zone. There are 3 zones in Dubai) On the way to Emirates Mall, I could see many high buildings and Bur Al-Arab which is the world famous 7-star hotel. After several minutes, I reached to the mall. The mall is very big and where is divided in 3 zones. Firstly, I had my Arabic lunch, the price is quite expensive but the portion is big enough for two people, so I shared with my girl friends. Then, I went shopping and visit every shops in the mall. Carrefour is my favorite, because I could find many Arabic traditional dessert. The mall has the world biggest indoor ski resort.

    Dubai metro station
    Inside the metro, there were so many Indian workers.

    On the way to Emirates mall, I could saw Bur Al-Arab.

     Emirates Mall
     food court In Emirates Mall

   Arabic foods : Fried fish, rice, roti ( arabic bread) salad and Tar soup. AED 30





    Traditional and souvenir shops.



    Sweet traditional desserts are sold in Carrefour.



   Ski resort

After 3pm, I walked around 20 minutes from metro station of Emirates Mall to Souk Madinat Jumeirah Mall, where is the well know shopping mall near to Bur Al Arab. The mall is buildup with full in Arabic architecture, every stores selling traditional products, many high class restaurants, coffee shops and some bars in the mall, but expensive. Therefore I did not buy any things in the mall, because shopping in old town could get cheaper things. Souk Madinat Jumerah is the best place to take photo of Bur Al- Arab, especially at night.












    Souk Madinat Jumeirah Mall


                             These photos are taken from the front door of the Souk Madinat Jumeirah Mall

Around 7pm, I returned back to Emirates Mall Metro station and went to Dubai Mall. All world branded and luxury products were sold in the Mall, such as LV, Lancer, Gucci and so on. The mall is just next to Burj Al Khalifar, the world highest building. Dubai fountain in the mall is performed every evening with colorful light and music, just in front of Burj Al Khalifar. The aquarium inside the mall is the one thing which made me so impress. This is my first time to see many sea fishes in shopping mall. Besides, the mall also has Gold souk, Souk means market. There has Arabian exhibition where show their some traditional huts, Arabian costume and eagle. You may get some free coffee an tea from them, they are very friendly.


  Burj Al Khalifar just next to Dubai Mall





    Stores inside Dubai Mall



     Dubai Fountain
    Dubai Mall's Aquarium

     Gold souk
    Traditional Hut and woman's costume
  Drink free coffee and tea with friendly Arabians
 Arabian  Eagle

After shopping, I went back to hotel and had my dinner which the desserts that I bought in Carrefour. The dessert were very sweet but very nice to eat, maybe I like sweet so much. Wow... so tired but so happy. Tomorrow I would go to visit old town and desert safari. Good night.

1 comment:

  1. one of the best place in Dubai is find a dinner Musandam Dibba and have dinner with friends and family..

    ReplyDelete